Summer Weather Tips
Customers can reduce their energy use, stay safe and comfortable and help save money on their cooling bills by following some simple tips:
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible in the summer.
- Take advantage of daylight instead of artificial lighting, but avoid direct sunlight.
- Limit use of energy appliances, especially during the early morning hours.
- Turn down the temperature of your water heater to the warm setting (120°F).
- Turn off your cooling system and open your windows while sleeping.
- Turn off ceiling fans when you leave the room.
- When using air conditioning, a ceiling fan will allow you to raise the thermostat setting with no reduction in comfort.
- Seal cracks and openings to prevent warm air from leaking into your home.
- Dress as appropriate for the temperature setting.
- Invest in a smart thermostat to better control your home’s climate.
- Install a solar energy system to gain protection from the rising costs of electricity and utility delivery. Visit www.USGandESolar.com for more information.